Friday 23 March 2018

Music Video {Brainstorming}

In order to come up with the perfect idea for our music video in which we are all passionate about and all equally have an input in, Connie and Emily decided to sit down and begin to brainstorming as unfortunately I wasn't in college to do so, so I expressed my thoughts via messenger so that I had an input during the process, they did this by sending me image of all the brainstorming ideas they had done. 

They started with a general Spider-Diagram outlining five songs with a broad story-lines that could match them, they decided upon six songs in order for us to have options when picking out our final one as well as giving us diversity within our planning. 



After they had finished brainstorming, they decided to expand on the ideas suggested and made individual Spider-Diagrams for each song, going into detail with what shot types and narrative that we want them all to include.

A common theme in most of these ideas created by Connie and Emily is to incorporate a story within the music video, Connie seems to be very keen on creating a film with a solid narrative because those are her favourite kind of music videos to watch.






I am torn between two of the ideas for our music video; I love the idea of 'The Wombats - I only wear Black' due to it portraying happiness and how we find our inner happiness I love the fact that the they start of as a monster who feels like he isn't accepted within society because they have no inner happiness, they are always sad and going through every day life with sadness instead of happiness. I like the fact that this idea has a simple narrative that is expanded upon throughout the duration of the music video and shows someone growing as a person.

My other favourite idea that they came up with was for the song 'Thoughts - Tate McRae' as it is a song written by a low-budgeted artist that started out on YouTube so I think it would be amazing to bring more attention upon her song by us creating a music video for it. The idea for this video I thought was quite unique as it would feature a couple dancing in an abandoned warehouse and their movements will be corresponding to the lyrics of the song.

Evidence of the messages:





No comments:

Post a Comment