Monday 23 April 2018

Promotional Video {Health & Safety}

When filming health and safety was a main priority throughout due to me taking into consideration other peoples safety as well as my own. Luckily for myself post of the footage was filmed within the showroom which was indoors; this meant that all the cars were stationary. 

Due to the cars being stationary this allowed me to not have to worry about people surrounding the cars, this promotional video was created souly for the car so people weren't involved through the duration of filming, so it was really only my safety I had to worry about.

However, due to the showroom being open I had to worry about customers coming in and viewing the car I was filming, I had to be aware of there safety as well as my own due to us coming into contact, for example I was conducting a pan and they were viewing the car so I had to be careful not to come in contact with them as well as avoiding getting them in the shot. This made it very irritating sometimes as some customers came in with children who were climbing over the cars and leaving dirt inside making some shots I planned interrupted as we were unable to clean during filming so I had to leave a few shots out.

The only time I had to worry about my own safety was when I was filming the car moving as I had to be aware of my positioning with the camera and keep out of the road incase cars were passing. Luckily we went to a quite residential area so cars rarely passed by so I could stand in the road to get the best angles for myself. 

The footage I shot for this promotional video was created souly for the car so people weren't involved through the duration of filming, this made it very quick for myself to shoot as I wasn't worried at any point that someone was unsafe because I was only worrying about myself. 

The only point I had to take someone else's safety into consideration was when a member of staff helped me with my filming, as he conducted a demonstration of how the car boot opens as well as how the seats fold up and down even though the member of staff had done this many of times previously there is still a chance something could have gone wrong but luckily it didn't.

I also had to be careful when the member of staff was driving the car, as he could have come in contact with some obstructions so anything that was in the way during filming I moved out of the way until we had finished and kindly placed it back to where it was previously placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment