Thursday 29 March 2018

Music Video {Brief Description}

The Wombats - I Only Wear Black

The lyrics:

Black, I only wear black Spring in my step, knife in my back It's just what I'm like, I keep it inside Pills in my pocket, head in the sky I only wear black I moved to LA and it rained every single day But I don't really care whether its grey skies or blue We camped at the beach, learned to surf and broke my knees But I don't really care, they couldn't walk me back to you Sometimes you win but generally, you lose Black, I only wear black Spring in my step, knife in my back It's just what I'm like, I keep it inside Pills in my pocket, head in the sky I only wear black Bought a brand new car and flattened a deer by Richmond Park Suppose I'm not the only one who fails to see the light Sometimes you laugh but usually, you cry Black, I only wear black Spring in my step, knife in my back It's just what I'm like, I keep it locked up inside Pills in my pocket, head in the sky I only wear black I only wear black I only wear black, oh I only wear black, oh I only wear black

Brief Plan {Brain Storm}


The song we have chosen to create a music video is 'The Wombats - I Only Wear Black'. We chose this song due the lyrics being quite negative towards life and our idea is a narrative story that focus' upon a monster going through the struggles that people go through in their day to day life, our main character that will portray the daily struggles is a monster that is constantly unhappy and clouded, we took inspiration from the lyrics in 'I only wear black' which has quite down-hearting lyrics such as "sometimes you win but generally, you lose" and "sometimes you laugh but usually, you cry." 

We want to portray the monster in a gloomy manor of always has a black cloud over his head, so even daily activity seems like a chore; waking up in the morning, making breakfast, showering, getting dressed, meeting friends, being sociable. The monster doesn't look after themselves or have many friends, this will be shown through a montage of his day all done very slow paced.

Although the lyrics in the song constantly stay negative, we don't want our narrative to, we want to contrast the lyrics by featuring. The monster seeing other people enjoying life and deciding that they want to join in and so the build up to the end of the song will be filled with a montage of the monster working to improve themselves; waking up happily, eating healthy, being sociable, creating friends. 

As the song ends the monster will shave off all of his fur and reveal that they are a normal human underneath but have just been hiding from society. This is in order to portray the significance in how they are feeling on the inside can reflect on the outside and you have to work from within to create happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment