Thursday 16 November 2017

The French New Wave {My Video Essay}


EVALUATION:
I created a video essay on the techniques within the French New Wave as well as speaking about two French New Wave artists who helped shape the changing of film. My video essay explains the techniques that are commonly used within French New Wave, expanding on both what they are as well as why these certain techniques are used. It also informs you of the names of many film artists but I decided to go into further detail on two artist that founded The French New Wave; these artists were Truffaut was a big influence that started off the beginning of breaking the rules, by showing his audience alternative techniques that substituted the original techniques and Jean-Luc Godard, a French-Swiss Film Director produced many French New Wave films that influenced the beginning of breaking the rules, by showing his audience alternative techniques displayed within the ‘Nouvelle Vague’ aesthetic. 

I spoke upon the topic of disagreement within the French New Wave industry; François Truffaut and Jean-Luc Goddard had a few disagreements within the French New Wave Industry; Jean-Luc Godard accused Truffaut of making a movie that was a built upon a “lie" as well as Goddard producing Breathless which was based on an original treatment by François Truffaut who was uncredited.

STRENGTHS:

  • I personally think my video supporting my script is strong as it shows a little bit of everything that supports the French New Wave as well as displaying clips from both films I touch upon.
  • I think my video flows well as all the footage is linked to topics within my script as well as being in black and white which is a common stylistic La Nouvelle Vague.


WEAKNESSES:

  • I personally think I could have expanded on some topics and maybe researched more into them so I had a deeper understanding of what went on during The French New Wave.
  • I think I could have added more statistics and numbers regarding how many films were produced and the costing of each film to be produced.
  • Looked into other artists instead of focusing on just two, to give myself a wider understanding of techniques used by various artists within the New Wave and who invented which technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment